You are here
Engaging Employees and Driving Organizational Success
Investing in employee growth promotes an environment of continuous learning and facilitates the development of a highly skilled and responsive workforce, which are essential for retaining top talent and customers. The CED is your resource for employee training and development – delivered to meet organizational needs.
Our collaborative process:
- Analyze needs and consult: Through a comprehensive needs assessment, our training and development consultants identify the relevant and measurable training objectives, learn about the participant group (their current understanding of the topic(s), their career experience, observed knowledge/skill gaps, etc.), and determine the optimal delivery method given the work environment and culture. Instructors are then selected for their subject matter expertise, experience, and professional influence.
- Deliver proposal: Our initial training recommendation includes a program overview, learning objectives, outlined agenda, and fee.
- Design and develop content: Our customized programs combine relevant subject matter with relevant activities to give participants the opportunity to practice learning immediately and to fuel engagement, increasing the probability that the learning sticks, to ensure your organization benefits from the training investment.
- Deliver and evaluate: Programs are delivered when, where, and in the format that best suits the participants and work environment. Online learning meets personal schedules and learning paces, face-to-face programs allow learners to interact with other professionals seeking to enhance similar skill sets, and blended opportunities combine in-person workshops with online learning components.
- Report outcomes and follow-up: The program's impact is measured relative to the initial objectives identified, and a report of the program outcomes and recommended next steps for the participant group is provided.
Business and Leadership
- Leadership Development
- Leadership Development
- Succession Planning: Identifying tomorrow’s leaders
- Essential Skills for New Supervisors
- Business Acumen & Financial Analysis
- Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence: Self-awareness, social awareness, self-regulation, and relationship management
- Team Building
- Change Management
- Conflict Management
- Performance Management
- Human Resource Management
- Time Management
- Verbal Communication: Communicating with clarity, tact, and credibility
- Negotiation, Persuasion & Influence
- Public Speaking & Presentations
- Planning & Managing Effective Meetings
- Effective Listening
- Business Writing
- Generations in the Workplace
- Diversity/Respect in the Workplace
- Customer Experience Management
- Sales (customized by topic)
- Project Management
- Continuous Process Improvement: LEAN, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control
- K-12 Teacher Professional Development
- Behavioral Health
- Talent Assessments: Strength Deployment Inventory, DISC Profile, 360 Assessments
- Online Course Development: Staff Onboarding, Safety/Environmental, Policy, etc.
- Software Workshops:
- Computer Basics
- Crystal Reports
- Digital Cameras
- Generational Diversity
- Google Documents, website optimization, etc.
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Word
Contact UMD Center for Economic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more about how training can be customized to meet your organization’s specific needs.