You are here
Professional Learning & Development
Workshops and Courses for Professional Advancement
In-Person Business and Leadership Workshops
All workshops are delivered in the Center for Economic Development classroom.
- Building Influence and Managing Performance: July 30
The most influential leaders provide their team members with clear performance expectations and feedback, continually coach employees, and recognize good performance. You will learn and practice all of these skills in this course.
Learn more and register for Building Influence and Managing Performance.
- Building Effective Teams: August 13
Learn to avoid the pitfalls of dysfunctional teams and gain practical skills that contribute to high performance.
Learn more and register for Building Effective Teams.
- Interpersonal Communication and Conflict: August 20
Effective communication requires active listening, an understanding of the audience, and delivery of a clear message. It also allows for constructive dialogue around conflicting points of view. In addition to improving your ability to communicate well and keep conflict constructive, you will also have an opportunity to practice these skills in a low-pressure environment.
Learn more & register for Interpersonal Communication and Conflict.
- Basics of Finance & Strategy: September 11
Improve your understanding of how operations, finance, marketing, and other functions must work together to create and execute a successful business strategy.
Learn more & register for Basics of Finance & Strategy.
- Studies in Gambling Addiction Certificate (SIGA): Counseling the Disordered Gambler
- Online, self-paced, available anytime
- Certificate: $1,295 (60 hours), includes Courses 1 and 2
- Course 1: $695 (30 hours); Course 2: $695 (30 hours)
Completion of the 60-hour certificate may be applied toward certification by the American Academy of Health Care Providers in Addictive Disorders.
Register for Studies in Gambling Addiction