Marketing & Social Media
You are here
Marketing Strategies & the Importance of Social Media
Marketing is an important aspect of any business plan, since customers drive business success. To launch a new business or to grow an existing business, owners must determine:
- Target markets,
- Features of the good/service,
- Distribution processes,
- Appropriate pricing strategies,
- Customer communications, and more
Technology adds a level of complexity by having so many digital media and social marketing tools to facilitate marketing communications. Our business consultants use the latest research to help you sort through social media options and select appropriate tools that can effectively contribute to your marketing strategies.
Additional marketing-related CED resources include:
- U.S. Small Business Administration webinars and resources to assist business owners in marketing including the use of social media platforms. Visit sba.gov for these resources.
- CED Student to Business Initiative Marketing Programs that connect businesses to UMD students in the area of expertise.
- Online Social Media Marketing classes.
- Focus Group Facilities at the Main CED Office in downtown Duluth.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development and regional support partners. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the program sponsors. Programs are open to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact UMD CED at 218-726-7298.