You are here
Creating a Business Plan
CED Consultants are Here to Help
Creating a business plan can be a daunting task, especially when you are staring at a blank sheet of paper. A business plan template can make the task much easier by guiding you through the questions to be answered and the research needed to develop the plan. Not all business plans are alike, but they all contain most of the same components.
Business Plan Topics
- Cover Page
- Executive Summary
- Description of the Business
- Type of Legal Organization
- Funding Needed
- Vision and Mission Statement
- Short Term Goals (less than 12 months)
- Long Term Goals
- SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Industry Characteristics
- Customer Demographics, Psychographics, and Geographic Area
- List of Competitors and their Strengths & Weaknesses
- Sales Projection Supporting Data
Our consultants can access University and organizational partner databases to help with the research for your business plan.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development and regional support partners. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the program sponsors. Programs are open to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact UMD CED at 218-726-7298.